Romans 12:1-2

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - This is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform an longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and aprove what God's will is -- his good, pleasing, and perfect will.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Here are some pictures of my recent backpacking trip. Mom has been dying to see some, so here they are. I didn't take as many as I should have, but it was a long, tiring, and hot hike.


Above and below are views that we woke up to on two different mornings. Beautiful places to camp!!
This is what we called the desert. It was a long, hot hike across this open field without any shade.
Here's the gang after a long day of hiking! Some of us had actually taken a bath in the river. Notice no one is wearing shoes...our feet were sore.
Here is Sturgeon Falls in the morning. We did some swimming here and actually jumped off the rocks on the left side.
The trip was fun and I'm looking forward to next year's trip. If you get a chance to go, I would recommend it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kara said...

Chris, the pictures are beautiful, you could work for an outdoor magazine or something!

Trisha and Lynn look like they could've gone a few more miles, they are so tough.

TraceyLD said...

Nice pictures. Although it is pretty, I don't think I will be signing up anytime soon. That is unless I get in unbelievable shape before the next trip.

Pam said...

Those are really good pictures. It makes me miss going. Evan was worth missing for though.
I miss you!!! Come see us soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil Luter said...

I have a few additional photos on my blog site (yes, I finally posted something.)

Laurie said...

Looks like fun, very nice scenic pictures.