Romans 12:1-2

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - This is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform an longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and aprove what God's will is -- his good, pleasing, and perfect will.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Knee Surgery

So here are some pictures of my scope from my knee. I had a torn meniscus. The upper right, and two bottom pictures show the tears. The doctor cut away the torn areas and cleaned it up. It was a quick surgery. I was off my leg from Tuesday -Thursday and began walking on it on Friday. I won't be running or twisting for about 6 weeks, but walking doesn't really even hurt. It is amazing how good my knee feels. A little tender where they cut me, but overall good. Thanks for all the prayer!!

8 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

I'm so glad you are already feeling better!

Sarah Glupker said...

Will this make the backpacking trip more enjoyable next year??
Glad you're feeling better already. Since the knees are typically used quite frequently throughout most people's day, it's nice to have one that works more efficiently, I suppose!!
Also..thanks for your PNG trip thoughts. Felt like I got a little piece of your brain and heart in that blog. Yes--visiting a 5th world country will change your perspective on many things...in a good way. If you're willing to go out of your comfort zone and take a close look at your life as you experience that kind of culture, it is worth every minute.

Sarah

Kara said...

So does the meniscus grow back together where they cleaned it up? I'm so unfamiliar with meniscuses. Wow, is that really a word?
I'm glad you are up and around and doing good. We'll keep praying for a quick recovery.

Chris said...

Sarah,
Backpacking should be more enjoyable. Of course I need to stay away from the blisters also. Are you planning on going again?? You were missed last year.

Kelly,
Thanks!!

Kara,
I don't know. I don't think so though. I will ask when I see the doctor.

chris k said...

Chris...gross! I was shocked to see the pictures of your knee on the internet. What if people downlad that??? Seriously, glad that you're up and about. No twisting or you'll mess it up again.

Laurie said...

Cool pictures...I would put them in a scrapbook, but I'm just weird that way. :)

TraceyLD said...

I had no idea you had surgery. Okay.. I should blog or facebook just so I know what is going on!

Kelly Glupker said...

It's been a while, Chris. How was your Christmas? Your New Year's? Valentine's Day? Spring break? Maybe you'll post something after Easter.