Romans 12:1-2

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - This is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform an longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and aprove what God's will is -- his good, pleasing, and perfect will.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Mall Adventure

So yesterday I went to the mall. For those of you who know me well, I don't go to the mall. I bought a couple of Christmas presents and I was reminded of why I don't go to the mall. The mall is packed with stores for women. Even the few men's stores aren't my style. JCPenney carries Levi's and you can get t-shirts and sweatshirts anywhere. So I survived my yearly trek to the mall. It wasn't that crowded due to me going Friday afternoon, before school got out. I also realized that there are too many things to look at in the mall. I tried to look in the windows, at the kiosks and at the people in the mall and I started to get dizzy. My grandma Spear sometimes complains about getting dizzy in stores, now I know what she means.

So for another year I will do my best to stay away from the mall. I'm not against the mall, it just doesn't fulfill any of my needs.

6 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

Boy you're up early this morning! I hate shopping too, I can totally relate.

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

why is it shopping always seems to be such a chore, defiently have to be in the mood. especially for clothes shopping ! and the mall this time of year, ahhhhh :)

Chris said...

Kelly,
9:30am isn't really early, actually I'm surprised your up, your should sleep in on your day off.

Steph,
I like to do man shopping, meaning knowing what I want, going to the specific store and buying it. Women shopping is not really shopping, it's looking, trying on, going to the next store, looking, trying on, going to the next store, looking, trying on, going to the next store, and finally ending up back at the first store and buying the first thing they tried on. Now if I was with a girl that I was interested in, shopping girl style wouldn't be that bad.

Anonymous said...

You need to put a link to your Dad's blog. He's very interesting.

Pam said...

I'm impressed you attempted the mall. You are totally right about "man shopping". That's what James and I did on Saturday. Make a list, get the item, done! I have to admidt, at Christmas, that is the way to go. TOO MANY PEOPLE!

Kim said...

I am definitely with you on this one. I think this is the thing my husband loves about me most... I hate to shop. Avoid the mall at all costs... unless you are going to sit and people watch. That can be quite interesting!