Romans 12:1-2

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - This is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform an longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and aprove what God's will is -- his good, pleasing, and perfect will.

Saturday, November 03, 2007

LIFE!!

Well life has been busy! Tonight I got out of work and realized that I didn't have any plans and I didn't know what I was going to do with all my free time. It was nice, but also I felt like I needed to be doing something. I ended up playing games at my parents, which of course was fun!

My typical week consists of working, playing basketball on Tuesday nights, and volleyball on Thursday nights. My weekends always seem to be full (except for this weekend).

My job is going good. I love my new job. I wish that I would have been able to make the switch years ago, but God had a plan for me and He put me in this job when I was ready. I have a lot of responsibility, but I love working with the guys (much better than girls), also I love working with the staff that I have - even though sometimes they don't do what I ask of them. It's fun working with both the staff and the kids, trying to motivate them and move them in a direction that is positive for both of them. Paperwork continues to grow, but I'm getting good at doing what is needed. My hours are much better now also, M-F 9-5 or so. No driving - except for the occasional court hearing. I like my boss and the other program coordinators that I work with. Did I mention that I love my job??

Anyway, that is what is going on in my life. I'm looking forward to visiting Ben and Kelly in a few weeks (and getting some time to cuddle with little Owen). Ben, I'm looking forward to playing some golf in December, can you believe it - golf in December!
Well that's all for now.

8 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

Chris,
It's 2:40 a.m. and I am listening to Owen fuss. I am TRYING to train him to sleep through the night. Hopefully he won't be waking up in the middle of the night anymore by the time you visit. We are looking forward to having you here. I'm glad you are enjoying your job. I am sure working with guys is MUCH better. Those girls were such a handful (and so hormonal!)

Pam Wickman said...

You know, with all that free time you should be able to come visit! We miss you and would love for you to come play games with us. We have a new couch/place for you to sleep now :)

Kara said...

You finally updated! I'm really glad to hear you like your new job!

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

Yeah , you are alive !!
so glad to hear things are going great at work :)
We will have to figure out sometime to come up to Bay City for dinner.

P.S.
Kelly you can do it !!!!!
our kids both slept thru night starting at an early age :)

Kelly Glupker said...

Steph,
Some kids sleep through the night on their own, others have to be trained to do it. I was hoping to get a child that did it on his own, but no such luck. Of course when they are as little as he was they have to eat but I'm thinking he's big enough now to be able to go without a middle-of-the-night feeding. I sat in the living room for an entire hour last night listening to Owen cry from his bedroom last night. Hopefully tonight it will be less than an hour.

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

some kids train their parents !!

Kelly Glupker said...

Steph, That's what I'm afraid of!!!

Happy Birthday Chris!

Josh said...

So, what's the deal? Do you like your new job or not? Stop being so vague, man!

Happy birthday! You, me, and Billy Graham should go out and party like it's 1999. Seriously. We could listen to some Ace of Base or do the Macarena or something. I bet Billy can really whoop it up. Then we could play some Playstation 1 and talk about how scary Y2K is gonna be. Man, that would be so sweet!