Romans 12:1-2

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - This is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform an longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and aprove what God's will is -- his good, pleasing, and perfect will.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Relief

Today I just sat around the house and relaxed. I slept in, watched movies, surfed the net, etc. I was just plain lazy!!...and I loved it. I have been on the road 4 of the last 5 days, driving to court hearings and meetings around the state. It was nice just to relax for a bit. Have you ever had a day like this?? They seem to not be as plentiful as they should be. Life tends to get too busy and sometimes it's hard to slow it down. Take time for yourself once in a while, you will feel better...I do!!

7 comments:

Kara said...

I would like to get rid of the kids for a day and clean out cupboards and closets. Where does all this junk come from?
Glad you enjoyed your day!!!

Laurie said...

I LOVE lazy days, it's so nice just to do nothing sometimes.

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

days like that are awesome ! sounds like you needed it :)
ok so last i checked with lynn you still havent got your ticket :) hee hee come on we are going, join us !!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! I was telling Matt, ok, maybe complaining, that I'd love a day off, to which he replied that I probably wouldn't take a day off even if I were offered one. He's probably right! I can't ever sit still and relax - I'm blaming it on being raised in a Mennonite community where work, work and more work is next to godliness.

And if Steph is referring to the dinner theater, you really should get a ticket. We're going too! Surely between us and the Armstrongs you could have some fun!

Chris said...

Alright, I'll get a ticket!!

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

YEAH !!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Chris for the meal on Sunday and the fun. Read Stephanie's blog for more! We love you - please take care!
Mom