Romans 12:1-2

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - This is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform an longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and aprove what God's will is -- his good, pleasing, and perfect will.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Hunting


Today I went bird hunting with my dad, Travis and Gus. We had a lot of fun. Gus kicked up about a dozen birds for us today. We had about 4 shots. I shot twice and hit once. Dad missed all his and Travis didn't shoot. We did a lot of walking and got a lot of exercise. It was a beautiful fall day and I really enjoyed myself. Here is a picture of the bird that I shot.
Today reminded me of when I was much younger and I went hunting with both my grandpa's and several of my uncles and my dad. Back then I was the hunting dog. I was sent through the thick stuff. The funny thing was that we also had dogs back then and I still was sent through the thick stuff. Hmmm!

4 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

So do you eat it or what? Why didn't Travis shoot? And how exactly does a dog help you while you hunt? Sorry for the questions, I'm just curious. :)

Chris said...

Well Kelly...Travis didn't shoot because he didn't have a shot at any of the birds. Gus (the dog) runs out in front of us as we walk in a line through the woods, when he smells or sees a bird he stops an points at the bird to let us know that it is there. The bird usually gets nervous and flies away. Hopefully in front of a hunter, and the Blam I shoot it. Then Gus finds the bird so we can take is home to eat it. It is basically just the breast of the bird and it's the size of your fist. Anymore questions?

Kelly Glupker said...

Wow, sounds like that dog is kind of handy - though it better be for what you pay for those hunting dogs!

Chris said...

No Dick Cheney this time ;)