Romans 12:1-2

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - This is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform an longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and aprove what God's will is -- his good, pleasing, and perfect will.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Bowl-a-thon!

There has been a change in the plan for Angie. Indonesia in not available, but China is. So Angie's planning on going to China. The organization she is going with change the plans last week, so I thought that I would update a little. If you want more information, check out Angie's blog on my links.




This summer Angie is planning on going to Indonesia on a missions trip, from May 30 - August 4, 2007. In order to go she needs to raise $4300 for this trip. On this coming Saturday, Feb. 24th, I am participating in a bowl-a-thon with her to help her in raising money for this trip.


There are two ways to donate for this trip. First you could sponser me in the bowl-a-thon by giving an amount per pin that I knock over in two hours. So if you put in $0.05 per pin and I knocked over 500 pins, then your donation would be $25. I'm not a great bowler so don't worry about me knocking over a ton of pins.


The other way that you could donate would be with a flat donation. Just pledging to give a certain amount of money. Either way will help Angie as she tries to raise money to go to Indonesia this summer.


If you want more information on what she will be doing in Indonesia you will have to ask her. Information for this trip is still coming in as to what specifically she will be doing.


Thank you for your support for this ministry!


Let me know how you can support.


8 comments:

Pam said...

Angie needs her own blog :)
I think James and I forgot when we were around last Friday, you can put us down for $5.
Love you!

Chris said...

Pam,
Angie does have her own blog, it's on the top of my links. She hasn't done anything with it yet, but we are working on it.

Chris said...

Pam,
by the way thanks for the donation ;)

Anonymous said...

Chris or Angie,
Can I have Angie's mailing address, Josh and I would like to donate.
You can email it to me,
jenniferlabo@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

so how did it go?

Chris said...

Only 7 bowlers showed up to bowl and give pledges. Angie raised a little money, but still needs quite a bit more. We are brainstorming ideas to raise more support for her. She needs a total of just under $4500 for the trip, which leaves on May 30th. Got any ideas???

Anonymous said...

Josh suggested prayer letter. Or one of those spaghetti dinners like Casey and Kristin did. That helped out a lot. Talk to Sharon too the mission committee can help her out to. If not with funds, maybe donating resourses or even ideas. Who is she going with?

Josh said...

When I went to West Africa, I was strongly encouraged to send out a letter to basically every person I'd ever met in my life, to let them know what I was doing and ask them to donate to the cause. My parents wouldn't allow it (didn't want their son begging for $$$), but one girl on my team did it and raised over $2000. It's a humbling experience, no doubt, but if it works, it works.