Romans 12:1-2

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - This is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform an longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and aprove what God's will is -- his good, pleasing, and perfect will.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Leviticus

Well, my mom asked me on Sunday if I was still doing my reading through the Bible. She was wondering, because I haven't written about anything that I am learning in a while. Well I've been reading in Leviticus for the past 10 days or so. Leviticus doesn't provide much to apply to my daily life, until you get towards the end. I realized that God was trying to make a point to the Isrealites that He was the Lord. He repeats this statement "I am the Lord, who makes them holy" several times during this book.

When I think of the word holy, I think of God. God is holy. We are going to praise God in heaven saying holy, holy, holy. I don't think of man as holy. God placed the laws and sacrifices on the Isrealites to give them the opportunity to be holy.

I think about the massive amount of tasks and laws that the Isrealites had to follow in order to be holy like the Lord and I am grateful for Christ. Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins in order that I made be made holy as God is. I don't have to sacrifice to God with goat, sheep or bulls. Jesus Christ payed that price for me on the cross.

Leviticus reminds me of the grace that God has shown to me through His Son's death on the cross. I am grateful for this grace.

3 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

Chris,
I just finished Leviticus and I am glad to be done. Could you imagine having to keep track of all of those sacrifices and offerings? The guilt offering, the sin, the grain, and on and on it goes. I am so thankful for the final sacrifice - Jesus Christ!

Jenny LaBo said...

I would have been struck dead the first day. I can't even keep track of my belt.

Phil Luter said...

One of the reasons for the endless rules imposed on the Israelites was to constantly remind them of God. Whether it was eating or planting or borrowing or sewing garments, they were always reminded that God cared about every small aspect of their life, and expected them to honor Him in all. I find comfort in knowing that God has that level of concern about my life. I am humbled to when I realize how much I fall short of honoring him with everything I do.