Romans 12:1-2

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - This is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform an longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and aprove what God's will is -- his good, pleasing, and perfect will.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Acquire the Fire

Well Pam is right. I did have a busy weekend. It all started Friday - Saturday, when Angie and I went to Acquire the Fire at Ford Field in Detroit. We went with her home church's youth group, in Caro. 34 kids and 6 adults went. This was a fun event, interesting because I didn't know any of the kids, but as the weekend progressed I got to know several of them. Angie and I ended up spending a lot of time with one particular girl who has Downs Syndrome. This was cool for me, a new experience that I enjoyed.

Acquire the Fire is for high school students and is run by Ron Luce. Ron Luce uses music, preaching, video, and drama to share who Jesus is and why we need Christ in our lives. There were 36,000 people there!! (See the pics.) Thousands went forward on Friday night to give their lives to Christ or to renew their commitment. It was very moving.

Here are some pictures of the event.

5 comments:

Josh said...

Yes! Acquire the Fire! I became a Christian at Acquire the Fire!

Pam said...

Glad you had a good time! The girl next to Angie is so cute :) I could just hug her.

Chris said...

Pam,
She is the girl that we spent most of our time with.

Chris said...

Josh,
That is really cool! What year and where did you go to see it?

Josh said...

1998 at the Breslin Center in East Lansing.