Romans 12:1-2

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - This is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform an longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and aprove what God's will is -- his good, pleasing, and perfect will.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Weekend Events

Well, I haven't blogged in a while. I have been keeping up with everyone elses blogs, though. My life right now is just kind of normal. Working, spending time with friends, etc. No concerts Kara! Angie and I did go and see "Meet the Robinsons" on Friday. We didn't realize that it was in 3-D. It was my first 3-D movie. It was a good movie, funny and enjoyable. It was also the first time that Angie and I went to a movie. I had made a point of not going to a movie, because I wanted to get to know Angie, not the people on the movie screen. But this was a movie that we both wanted to see, and I know Angie pretty good now! :)
Yesterday was the Immanuel Bible Church Olympics. I participated in 5 events: Ping Pong, Volleyball, Horse Shoes, Basketball, and Settlers of Catan. I medeled in 4 of the 5 events. It was an enjoyable day. Angie, James, Jose and I also spent a little time hitting a chasing the softball in the wet field at church. It was good for me to be able to see how my arm felt hitting the ball. Not bad! Everyone hit well and we had fun!
The day ended with a pig roast dinner. Yummy!! Several people helped clean up afterwards. I want to specifically thank Angie for helping clean the windows in the church. She knows that I dislike that job and she just did it without any prompting from me. Thank you Angie!! :) Lyle McAuley also helped clean in some of the rooms. Lyle is always willing to help out, thanks Lyle!
All in all it was a good day!!

5 comments:

Kara said...

It was a good day- and thank you everyone who helped set up chairs for Sun morn services! Chris, make sure you take pictures at any events I am not at. I can't be everywhere at once you know. :)

Kelly Glupker said...

Bummer I couldn't be at the Olympics to kick your butt in volleyball.

Chris said...

For some reason I don't think you would have!! I'm lucky that volleyball is a team sport!! You might have beat me in Settlers...Naww :)

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

Cant say I have watched a 3-D movie ? you are the 2nd person that said the movie was enjoyable !

Ben said...

we don't have pig roasts here at the temple.

ever.