Romans 12:1-2

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - This is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform an longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and aprove what God's will is -- his good, pleasing, and perfect will.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Barakel Weekend

Well this weekend 15 people from Immanuel went to Camp Barakel for the weekend to work. We did things like rake leaves, spread wood chips and Pam even cleaned the RV bathhouse. It was a beautiful day on Saturday and we all worked hard and had an enjoyable time.

On Friday night Pam, James, Angie and I played James' new game, Puerto Rico. I love this game and we all had fun playing it and spending time together.


Well we worked hard on Saturday and we were all tired when we got home. It was a good weekend. (This picture is for Kara, because she wasn't there :) )

11 comments:

Kara said...

Thanks Chris! Now I feel like I was almost there. Someday when I don't have so many little ones we will make it to Barakel and help you rake and clean.

Anonymous said...

I really liked it when I went!

Phil Luter said...

Kara, some day you can bring the kids along. They can have fun and it is surprising how much they can do.

Ben said...

"Puerto Rico" reminds me of an old game I like to play called "Los Cuatros Amigos".

Jenny LaBo said...

I love Los Cuatros Amigos!!!! Everyone is a winner :)

Chris said...

So Ben, when are you coming up to play "Los Cuatros Amigos?"

Kelly Glupker said...

Chris,
We plan to be at church on Sunday, May 27th - the day before Memorial Day.

Kara said...

Phil, I know the kids would work hard, they love to tear down after Sunday services!

Ben's game does sound fun.

Kara said...

P.S. I'm trying to talk Casey into leaving for Cheboygan after churc Momorial weekend - just so I can see Kelly Big Belly

Ben said...

Kara,
I hope you can talk Casey into it!!!

Kelly Glupker said...

Oops, that last comment was from me, Kelly