Romans 12:1-2

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - This is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform an longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and aprove what God's will is -- his good, pleasing, and perfect will.

Monday, October 30, 2006

AGE...Deceiving at times!

Well I haven't written in a while, not because my life isn't exciting, but I'm just not sure what to write about. I was riding in the car with my grandma tonight taking her to church. I told her this was the first evening service that I had been to since summer and she commented that there really wasn't any service specifically for me. I pointed out to her that I will be 35 next week and that I guess that I am an adult and am okay with being in church with other adults. This sounds silly, but I have worked with teens so much over the past 15 years that I still feel like a kid sometimes. My grandma made me think that I am much older than I feel, thanks Grandma! Today was my sister's 33rd birthday which kind of got me thinking about this. I hope that my next 35 years will be as youthful feeling as the first 35.

7 comments:

Pam said...

So, are you saying spending a weekend with us is boring??? Just kidding. We love you even though we are both getting older.

Chris said...

Actually Pam, I had a great weekend with your and your family. What more could a guy ask for that to watch 6-7 football games!! Your a great wife for James, he is soo lucky.

Jim & Robin said...

Hi Chris. Happy Birthday to you early. Hey 35 is good 45 okay and I'm not so sure about the rest. Ha Ha! Averee and Jim taught me Settler's when we were in Estes Park. I m looking forward to getting better at the game, but I wasn't bad. Sorry about the Tigers. Jim was not happy. Then our Broncos lost too. What's a guy to do! Averee was sad too! Hugs Robin

Jenny LaBo said...

So do you have any big plans for your birthday?

Josh said...

Happy early birthday, dude. For what it's worth, I never would have guessed you for 35.

Chris said...

Jenny,
I'm going to sleep in, take the day off of work, and maybe even take a nap.

Jenny LaBo said...

That sounds like a great birthday!