Romans 12:1-2

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - This is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform an longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and aprove what God's will is -- his good, pleasing, and perfect will.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Bridegrooms, Patches and Wineskins?

So in reading through the Bible I'm into Mark. I read an OT book then a NT book... So in Mark 2:18-22 Jesus answers some questions about fasting. My question is what does verses 21-22 have to do with 18-20?? Please help!

3 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

Hey Chris,

I've logged on as my wife, although I'm not sure it was worth the effort just to tell you that there is a variety of opinion on how verses 21-22 relate to 2:18-20. Matthew Henry's commentary gives some interesting thoughts, although some seem a bit fanciful. John Gill's (18th century Baptist)commentary is available online at crosswalk.com, and will give some ideas as well, although Calvin seems to reject his line. I'd qoute some new commentary on Mark, but I don't have any. Where are you reading at now?

Chris said...

Today I'm reading the last 4 chapters of Mark and also Psalm 20. The reading in Mark went by fast and there was a ton of information and questions that I am writing down to review later. Tomorrow I start reading in Exodus.
It's a year long Bible reading plan from Discipleship Journal that I picked up a Camp Barakel.

I will read the Matthew Henry Commentary that I have and also the Walvoord/Zuck commentary.

Chris said...

PS Ben, you should really get your own Blog!