Romans 12:1-2

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - This is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform an longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and aprove what God's will is -- his good, pleasing, and perfect will.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Interesting Thought

So a lot of us set goals or New Year's resolutions for this next year for ourselves. I have not done this for a while due to usually breaking them right away and also knowing that I don't need a new year to make a goal. But this year I did make a couple.
One, like Kelly, is to read through the Bible. I've never completely read through the Bible. I have a good plan this year that allows a reflection day every 7th day, which falls on Sunday. This is good so that I can focus on Pastor Mark's message.
Anyway today I was reading in Genesis 15-17. I noticed something interesting. God credited Abraham as righteous for believing that he would have a son and many descendants. Abraham then had a son with Hagar, not God's plan. He failed God, but after 13 years God came back to Abraham and made a covenant with him and Sarah had a boy named Issac.
God knew that Abraham was his man, even though Abraham questioned God, laughed at what God was telling him, went against God's plan and had a child with Hagar. God most definitely believes in second chances. Abraham was a righteous man, who still made mistakes.
I read this and think that God is a great God who cares for even me. Even though I don't always do the right things. God will be there to continue "His" work in and through me.

1 comment:

Kelly Glupker said...

Isn't it wonderful to know we don't have to be perfect to be used of God?