Romans 12:1-2

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - This is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform an longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and aprove what God's will is -- his good, pleasing, and perfect will.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Springfest in Caro

This past Thursday I had the opportunity to go with Angie to her mother's school and see an exciting event called Springfest. Angie's mom works at a school as a teacher of cognitively impaired kids. There are about 200 kids in the school ranging from 3-4 to 26 years old. Their disabilities also range from mild to severe.

It was really amazing to see the love and attention that the teachers and paraprofessionals gave to each of the kids. They made sure that each kid had a role in the musical that they performed. I remember one kid who was I think a parapaligic and his teacher put a drumstick in his hand and hit a cymbal with it, all of a sudden the kid began to smile! It was very cool! All of the kids appeared to love this event.

I also was able to be in Mrs. Moakes room to get introduced to some of the kids, and to see their excitement for this event was awesome. I also got to see some of their parents and the love that they showed their kids.

I was very impressed with the love that was shown in the classroom by Angie, her mom, and the other workers in there. They have a special job. If you ever have an opportunity to visit a school like this or go to an event like this, I would recommend that you do it. It will touch your heart.

4 comments:

Angie said...

I am so glad that we got to go to the Springfest! It was so much fun! I just LOVE those kids!!! I don't know how many of them asked me prior to that day if I was going to be there. It means so much to them that people come and see them perform. It is the highlight of the school year for them. I am so glad that you got to go and meet all of them, Chris! It was so much fun!!

Kara said...

This reminds me of when Jenny used to help out with ARC. Some people are just born to help other people- Angie you will be a great teacher.

Laurie said...

Chris, I love the song you posted at the top of your page. Hopefully we will get to sing it this Sunday. :) Oh, thanks for adding me to your buddy list, I still need to update mine.

Jenny LaBo said...

Hey I love that song!